Commercial businesses take environmental responsibility
The Norwegian Retailers Environment Fund is open to all retailers selling plastic bags to consumers. The membership fee is NOK 0.50 per plastic bag and is collected similarly as recycling considerations through Green Dot Norway and other approved recycling companies. In most cases, the membership fee is paid, on behalf of our members, by the plastic bag producer/vendor.
Who can be a member?
The Norwegian Retailers Environment Fund is open to all retailers who sell plastic bags to consumers. The membership fee is NOK 0,50 per plastic bag and is collected similarly as recycling considerations through Green Dot Norway and other approved recycling companies. In most cases, the membership fee is paid on behalf of our members by the plastic bag producer/vendor.
Retailers determine the retail price for plastic bags, but members need to pay NOK 0,50 per plastic bag to the Norwegian Retailers Environment Fund or to a third party appointed by us.
How the funds will be applied
Through direct allocation of means, The Norwegian Retailers Environment Fund shall:
- Support initiatives that aims to reduce consumers consumption of plastic bags.
- Support initiatives that strengthens the efforts towards marine- and land based plastic littering, primarily nationally, but also internationally
- Support initiatives that strengthens the efforts towards increased resource efficiency of plastic, including recycling.
The fund will engage independent experts who shall advise on how the funds should be allocated to achieve as much environmental impact as possible.
How to become a member
Show your interest by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com, and we will reach out to you shortly.
Nice to know
- By becoming a member of the Norwegian Retailers Environment Fund you participate in the retail industry’s great environment initiative.
- It is a legal obligation to be a member of an approved recycling company for packaging (usually it is the importer/producer who is a registered member, but we encourage you to make sure that your vendor actually is)
Annual report 2018
Our annual report 2019.Annual report 2018
The Norwegian Retailers Environment Fund is organised as a non-profit association for commercial businesses, which was founded November 2017. The Fund will be operative from the 15th of August. The purpose of the association is to contribute to ensure that the members will fulfil the obligations and intentions as laid out in the EU-directive 2015/720 concerning light plastic shopping bags, and to provide economic incentives to projects aimed at achieving the association’s defined purposes.
|The board of directors||
Chairman: Harald J Andersen, Virke
Halvard Hauer, Norgesgruppen
Cecilie Lind, Avfall Norge
Julie Braglie Eckhardt, Varner Gruppen